Everyone’s favorite leading men, Chris Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy are together fighting against bioterrorist threat in North America, the war-torn Eastern European State of Edonia and the Chinese city of Lanshiang.
In addition to the already amazing cast that fulfills any Resident Evil fan’s quota, players will also be treated to Albert Wesker’s son, Jake Muller.
Resident Evil 6 features three interwoven storylines that can be played either solo or co-op.
In this new story, each character must face the highly virulent C-virus which has been unleashed and created new deadly transformations!
In this crazy world, who’s teaming up with who?
● Leon S. Kennedy is paired with US government agent Helena Harper
● Chris Redfield teams up with fellow BSAA member Piers Nivans.
● Jake Muller is joined by the daughter of former key Umbrella scientists, Sherry Birkin.
Now that we know a little more about the characters, what will Resident Evil 6 have to offer?
● Redesigned control system – No more standing around trying to aim while zombies attack, Resident Evil 6 features an evolved control system allowing players to shoot while moving; slide; roll in any direction and to take cover, along with the addition of an enhanced melee attack
● Horror on a global scale – That’s right, we are going global people! The C-virus is not in one locations, it’s worldwide!
● Multiple characters and intertwined storylines – So many characters to play as, and yet some how, some way, they will all end up together!
● Play alone or play with a friend in co-op – If Chris and Leon can have a partner, so can you!
● Mercenaries returns – Players will once more be able to enjoy the highly popular Mercenaries Mode
● A new challenge – The C-virus has spread and has given us multiple deadly forms.
○ Zombies are back, but theses ones have brains. They can now run, jump at players and even use weapons, making them it almost seem like they are living, but.. they aren’t.
○ The enemy creatures known as J’avo first came to prominence in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe and have the ability to regenerate when injured; furthermore, if J’avo take substantial damage to a particular area, they can mutate the affected body part into a variety of different forms, meaning players will have to rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability
○ The C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which take the mutation process even further as they can undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures
So is October 2, 2012 too long of a wait for you? If so, You can get an early chance at Resident Evil 6 by playing the demo that will be coming with Dragon’s Dogma which is scheduled for release on May 22 in North America and May 25th across Europe. You will then receive a token that will allow you to download the Resident Evil 6 demo which comes available for Xbox 360 owners on July 3, as well as the PlayStation 3 on September 4.
For more news on Resident Evil 6, click HERE for the official website!
CO-Op, Capcom, Dragon’s Dogma, PC, Ps3, Resident Evil 6, Xbox 360