Ready to take your place on the throne?
Bigpoint can help with their upcoming F2P/MMORPG, Game of Thrones.
Inspired by the tv series and adapted from George R.R. Martin’s bestselling fantasy book series, the game itself will be set within the fictional, medieval world of Westeros and its Seven Kingdoms.
- True to the series (working CLOSELY with HBO to keep the synergy constant)
- No real gore (going for PEGI 16 rating) but there WILL be visible sword strikes
- Will run on Unity with Erlang backend
- NO MODS but with continual DLC, you really don’t need it.
- Game will start with Season 1/Book 1 but King Robert will have already died.
- Fun and furious PvP matchmaking using ELO based system
- Hero cards unleash 3D characters who possess a “smart bomb” ability
- Guild can shift alliance on whim
- You start on your own, NOT in a house. Your initial skill sets will depend on you you’ve chosen as your father.
- AND BEST OF ALL, it’ll be PC and Mac friendly!! Woo hoo!!
And yes, Bigpoint will be looking to YOU and the community for feedback, whether it be positive or negative, to insure your gaming experience is a long and treasured one.
And in case you’re wondering if Martin’s on board, he says:
p.s. got a nice looky-loo at said game while at GDC and from what I’ve seen, it’s pretty damn tasty.
Game of Thrones F2P is set for release sometime this fall. To sign up for updates, hit the official website
Bigpoint, F2P, Game of Thrones, Mac, PC