Girl Gamer

Girl Gamer Forums » General Discussion »

Gaming Girls and Gaming 'Girls'

Started 4 years, 8 months ago 2550 Views 19 Replies

Reverse Post Order

Aisho

6 GP

This is actually a rant of something that just annoys the hell out of me.

There are girls online these days (duh). And then there are 'girls' who's always been online (huh?) What I'm getting at are girls, and 'girls' or guys PRETENDING to be girls.

Guys use girl characters, and that's perfectly fine (Unless your with Nexon). In MMO games, mostly RPG ones, I've seen more and more 'girls' pop up, misleading actual guy gamers on in thinking "Hey! I just got a hot gaming chick!" On top of that, USING the same guy gamers to get whatever they want.

As an actual MMORPG gaming girl, this is (to me) very wrong, misleading, immoral, and puts a bad name for actual gaming girls who just want to play a game.

Don't get me wrong. I know that every single guy who plays female characters don't do that. Some just like to stare at the ass. Some just like the fashion, or the apperance. But those who do this just to get free items and gold make it that much less fun for me to enjoy playing MMORPGs (or other MMO's). It's really bad when the same 'girl' sits there and tell you that they like you and want to be with you because your a girl, playing a guy character.

When I get hit on in games, I just use a simple line "I'm a guy". I've seen guys playing girl characters use this same line to prevent being hit on. But the 'girls' who mislead a guys heart like that, use them then throw them aside for the next guy to fall for them. That's something I hate to see.

Please, guy or girl, let me know if you know EXACTLY how I feel. I'm wanting to take a morality poll, I guess.

4 years, 8 months ago

KageSakura

18 GP

In MMO's there is always going to be a leecher or really annoying person typing all over the place "givz Meh Goldz lulz" or something of that sort. Whether they are guys or girls shouldn't really matter they are annoying either way. However, I do notice that gamer guys associate real girls with that image and I think it may have something to do with the "girls" you are talking about. In general I think saying you're a girl on any MMO will get you one of the following responses- "Omgwtf pix" "dude really go out with me!" "No your not you just wanna leech". Sadly this isn't a complete exaggeration. The idea seems to be that girls like using others to get free stuff and I think the 'girls' reinforced this and give us all a bad name.

Honestly though, I'm beginning to wonder if these so called "girls' aren't just bored 13 year old boys who have nothing better to do with their lives. It's sort of pathetic.

4 years, 8 months ago

inventor

28 GP

I live in Iran and most of boys uses female characters and a game such rumble rose is very popular and I am Game Story author and I create 3 characters with these names :
Rica Jesse Muller
Alltrinna Diva Miller
Liberty Fairfield
They are spys and there is one male character Freedom Jackson Fairfield
I want to cloth female characters
I decided to make one of them h.o.t and I will cloth two other character casual .
whats your idea?

4 years, 8 months ago

Vaskania

169 GP

Guys role female characters to watch their ass when they run around. I kid you not I had a guy tell me that once. o.O

4 years, 8 months ago

ccesarano

1,699 GP

It's a frequent response to say "I play it so I can watch something hot walk around instead", but I call bull. I played with Ninja Turtles and Transformers as a kid. Did those same guys play with Barbies so they could play with a "hot" action figure?

It's the biggest bullshit excuse I've ever heard.

The thing is, even if it wasn't guys doing it, there would be girls doing it as well. A term a friend of a friend coined at my College was R.I.B.S., or Ratio Induced Bitch Syndrome. When there are more guys than girls in any single environment, guys begin to treat women with super-special-attention. EVERYONE hits on them when they walk into a room. Thus, most of the time, they become self-absorbed manipulative bitched.

Ratio Induced Bitch Syndrome.

The only way to counter it is for an even number of guys to girls, or more girls than guys. Girls are more likely to team up against a guy trying to be manipulative than vice versa, so it's harder for a guy to get away with the same behaviors if he is outnumbered.

At least, this is as far as my observation has gone, but I'm no expert on Sociology either.

4 years, 8 months ago

Vaskania

169 GP

My friends' brothers were always jacking my barbies, man.

4 years, 8 months ago

Aisho

6 GP

Okay, but there's a differance between just playing to stare at ass and playing to con others out of their in game gold and items that you are just lazy to get yourself.

Seriously. Somoene asks for lower players help in something they can CLEARLY do themselves. They turn on their friends, and con and fake their way to another friends heart. Playing with their emotions just to get whatever they want. That's the immoral part that I was trying to get at.

I'm not happy that girls do it too, and see it just as equally wrong, but it's still very wrong to be leading other players on like that. I don't care if people who play the games sit infront of a moniter, but when we play mmo's, we all tend to forget that there's another player sitting at their moniter. Like you, they have emotions. Like you, they eat and have problems.

4 years, 8 months ago

space_invader

237 GP

Hate those guys...

space

4 years, 8 months ago

Azon

105 GP

Although you're 100% right that these leeching types are unworthy of playing games in the first place there are these rare occasions when there are other variables as well.

I remember playing a MMORPG called MapleStory where you had different armor for male and female characters. Due to pretty distorted economy with extreme inflation the male armor sets turned out to be much more expensive then their female counterpart. As 98% of this game exists out of grinding for cash an experience it was much more practical to roll a female character. There would be a lot more female equipment then there would be female players so naturally you would have to pay much lower prices. Besides this financial advantage separate equipment sets for males and females are ofcourse a gruesome horror as your eternal grinding has a 50% chance to be rewarded with the useless equipment of the other sex.

4 years, 8 months ago

Kaboom

11,691 GP

The internet is a weird place..

4 years, 8 months ago

lemming3k

278 GP

It's really just the same as real life, some people just wanna get on with things and are respectful, others are manipulative and will do whatever it takes to get something.
Of course it pisses off the honest people though.

4 years, 8 months ago

FRAG

1,003 GP

"Guys role female characters to watch their ass when they run around. I kid you not I had a guy tell me that once. o.O"

omg lol! I'm not sure if I should laugh at that or 'tut tut' it.

4 years, 8 months ago